• Girard High School Athletic Boosters will meet at 8 p.m. Wednesday at the high school.
• The Rayen School Class of 1959 will meet for its monthly luncheon at noon Wednesday at Stonebridge Grille & Tavern, 1497 Boardman-Canfield Road, Boardman. All classmates, spouses and guests are welcome. The group meets the third Wednesday of each month.
• South High School Class of 1953 will have a monthly luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Johnny’s in Boardman. All classmates and guests are welcome. No reservations are needed. Those interested in attending may call Ray Melewski at 330-792-2434.
• Friends of the Mahoning River will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Oak Hill Collaborative, 507 Oak Hill Ave., Youngstown. Parking is in the rear of the building. Plans for the group’s fifth annual RiverFest at the B&O Station in Youngstown will be discussed. Any that share the group’s mission of advocating the quality of the Mahoning River are welcome. For information contact Patricia Dunbar at 330-719-2337.
• Youngstown Chapter of Torch Clubs International will meet for a dinner at 6 p.m. Monday at Kilcawley Center, Bresnahan Rooms 1 and 2, on campus at Youngstown State University. Club member S. Floyd Barger will present a discussion, “Why I Don’t Say ‘Under God’ in the Pledge of Allegiance.” The public is invited. A social hour begins at 5:30, and the lecture will take place at 7. Dinner for nonmembers is $20. There is no charge for attending the lecture. Call 330-757-4148 for reservations, and for club information call 330-792-7351.
• Youngstown Council of Catholic Nurses will meet at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at The Manor, 3016 S. Canfield-Niles Road, Austintown. Guest speaker will be Patricia M. Sweeney, Mahoning County health commissioner, who will discuss infant mortality in Ohio.
• Youngstown Section of the National Council of Negro Women Inc. will meet Saturday at McGuffey Centre, 1649 Jacobs Road, Youngstown. The executive board meets at noon, and the general meeting follows at 1. Tickets are still available for $35 for the Women of Distinction luncheon May 21 at the Holiday Inn in Boardman; contact any member or Sandy Britt, president, 330-502-9800. Delphine Baldwin-Casey and Mary Halfacre will be honored at the luncheon. A committee will be selected for the Youngstown Section’s Ohio State Coalition meeting Oct. 29.
• World War II Heritage Group will welcome speaker Carl Nunziato of Youngstown during its Monday meeting at A La Cart Catering in Canfield. A buffet dinner at 6:30 p.m. will cost $14 per person, and Nunziato’s discussion will follow. Reservations are required to David Frank by today by calling 330-757-0515. Nunziato will discuss his experience in Vietnam.
• Embroiderers Guild of America Youngstown Area Chapter will meet at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Tuesday at IOOF Hall, 111 S. Broad St., Canfield. Stitchers of all levels are welcome. After April, regular meetings return to the fourth Tuesday of the month. For information visit www.youngstown-ega.com.
• Niles Chapter of the American Sewing Guild has scheduled the following neighborhood group meetings: Howland Happy Stitchers meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Living Lord Lutheran Church, 851 Niles-Cortland Road, Howland. There will be a mug rug demonstration by Mary Zorn. Call Carol at 330-856-4827 for information. Sewphisticates meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Shepherd of the Valley, 4100 N. River Road NE, Warren. The Fit Nice system will be continued. Details will be emailed. For information call Diane at 234-855-7610. Austintown Stitch and Share meets at 10 a.m. Thursday at Humility House, 755 Ohltown Road, Austintown. Pillowcases will be finished to donate to Akron Children’s Hospital. Call Pam at 330-533-7445 for information.
• Girard Golden Eagles Lodge 643 will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., Girard.
• St. Rose Quilting Group will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the parish house.
• Canfield Lions Club will meet Thursday at A La Cart Catering, 429 Lisbon St., Canfield. Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m., and the meeting will follow at 7. Speaker will be Audrey Walker from the Sojourner House, who will discuss how the facility helps those in a domestic violence situations.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at The Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., Girard.
• D.A.R.E. meets at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman-Canfield Road. The following activities also are scheduled: 7 p.m. Monday, meet at Dairy Queen in Cornersburg for dessert; 7 p.m. Tuesday, bar bingo at Saxon Club; 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, walking in the Southern Park Mall, meet at the food court; 7:30 p.m. Thursday, small talk night at the church; and 6:30 p.m. April 22, meet in the lobby of Movies 8 in the Shops at Boardman Park.
• Mahoning County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the ministry building at St. Charles Church, 7325 Westview Drive, Boardman. The church is handicap-accessible. Dr. Thomas Welsh will discuss Jewish research in Youngstown. The computer interest group will meet from 6 to 6:45 p.m. The group’s next meeting is set for May 16. For information visit www.mahoningcountychapterogs.org.
• Poland Historical Society will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Little Red Schoolhouse, 4515 Center Road. A presentation about the history of the Blackburn Home will be take place at 7:30 by Connie Daugherty, program coordinator. The society is continuing its membership drive, and annual dues are $10 per person. Donations will also be accepted. Dues and donations help the society to provide educational programs about Poland’s history and to maintain the Little Red Schoolhouse Museum. Send checks payable to Poland Historical Society to P.O. 5052, Poland, OH 44514. Include a name, address, phone number and email address.
• Vienna Historical Society will meet at 7 p.m. April 26 at Vienna Township Hall. Featured speaker will be Meghan Reed, Trumbull County Historical Society director; she will discuss Native Americans in Northeast Ohio. For information visit viennapedia.viennahistory.org.
• Alzheimer Network Family Support Groups will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St., and 7 p.m. Wednesday at Our Lady of the Lakes, St. Catherine Family Center, 1254 Grandview Road, Lake Milton. Family members and caregivers are welcome to attend. All meetings are offered at no charge. For information call 330-788-9755.
• Nar-Anon, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, meets at 7 p.m. every Friday at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive NE, Howland, and every Sunday, upstairs at the Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. For information call 330-856-3822.
• Never Alone Nar-Anon Group, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown. For information call 330-207-0845.
• R-Weigh Weight Support Groups meet on Mondays at First Friends Church, 1028 Jennings Ave., Salem. Afternoon weigh-in is from 1 to 1:30 p.m., and the meeting will follow at 1:45. Evening weigh-ins are from 5 to 6 p.m. followed by the meeting at 6:15. The first meeting is free. Guests are welcome. The club is an all-volunteer, nonprofit group of women helping women to lose weight. All money paid returns to the members in incentives to lose weight. For information call 330-337-6889 or 330-793-1587.
• Survivors of Suicide in Columbiana County will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday at Columbiana County Counseling Center, 40722 state Route 154, Lisbon. This support group is for families who have lost a loved one to suicide. For information call Help Hotline Crisis Center at 330-424-7767. The group’s meeting for 6 p.m. April 28 is canceled.
• Survivors of Suicide in Mahoning County will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman-Canfield Road, Boardman. This support group is for families who have lost a loved one to suicide. For information call Help Hotline Crisis Center at 330-747-2696.
• TOPS 327 will meet Monday at Christ Church Presbyterian, 1933 Canfield Road, Boardman. Weigh-in is from 6 to 6:30 p.m. followed by the meeting at 6:45. The first meeting is free. Guests are welcome. For information call 330-793-4378 or 330-779-0144.
• TOPS 1237, Austintown, will meet Thursday at Idaho Road Alliance Church, 250 Idaho Road. Weigh-in is from 5 to 5:30 p.m., followed by the meeting until 6:30. For information call 330-758-4923.
• TOPS 1262, McDonald, meets Wednesdays in the Community Room at the Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St. Weigh-in is from 9:15 to 10 a.m., and the meeting will follow. New members are welcome.
• TOPS 1497, Youngstown, will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday at St. Maron Church, 1555 S. Meridian Road, Youngstown. New members are welcome; the first meeting is free. For information call 330-507-3126.
• VFW Triangle Post 2799 Men’s Auxiliary will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the post home, 3161 E. South Range Road, New Springfield. For information call 330-542-9928.
Club news is published Friday. Please submit information about upcoming activities to the Society Department by noon Wednesday.