I. Information That We Collect and What We Do With the Collected Information, Including Disclosures to Third Parties.
While visiting the Sites, you can be assured that no personal information is collected, retained or used by The Vindicator Printing Company with one exception: The Vindicator Printing Company intends to collect certain personal information when you are using the interactive areas discussed below. By “personal information” we mean information that is uniquely identified to you, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone numbers, password and user ID.
a. Aggregate Information.
(1) The Vindicator Printing Company may keep track of user behavior by collecting information about (by way of illustration) the number of people who visit a Site and the number of people who visit each page of a Site, and perform statistical analyses of aggregate user behavior, but not based on personal information about you (see Section II below). The Vindicator Printing Company will not be using or collecting personal information to do that. These aggregate analyses allow us to measure the popularity of the Sites and individual features of the Sites for purposes of further development of the Sites. All information that is collected is used for our own internal purposes to evaluate the content of the Sites, to enhance users’ experiences when visiting the Sites, to customize the content and/or layout of our pages and to provide the services required by an individual user.
(2) The Vindicator Printing Company discloses in aggregate form our statistical analyses or demographics of users to third parties, such as advertisers or potential advertisers. Those disclosures do not include personal information.
b. Interactive Areas.
(1) Subscriptions to premium content and other sections of the site(s) require that you register for an account. The registration process requests that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your name, postal address, daytime and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address.
(2) If you choose to engage in other interactive activities via the Sites, for example by making submissions, answering surveys, entering contests, or obtaining copies of articles and the like via e-mail, you may be asked for the same personal information as in the account registration process and/or may be assigned a unique identifier through the use of a cookie (see Section II about “cookies”).
(3) Any and all personal information contained in the messages that you create and post to the Sites’ interactive activities will be accessible by the general public and will not be confidential. If you choose to include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, employer or any other information about yourself when posting to the Sites’ interactive activities, The Vindicator Printing Company make no representations, warranties or guarantees regarding anyone’s use of that information.
(5) The Vindicator Printing Company also may supply the personal information to advertisers, potential advertisers, marketing firms, and others with a commercial or noncommercial interest in the information. Those third parties may provide information to you about other goods and services, unless you choose to opt-out of having your personal information shared with third parties through the opt-out opportunity provided as part of the registration process. The opt-out opportunity, however, does not apply in the circumstances described in part c. below.
c. Other Disclosures to Third Parties – subpoenas, court and government orders, our attorneys
By making a submission to the Site(s) or registering for an account, you assume the risk that a court or government agency may order The Vindicator Printing Company to disclose your submission and/or personally identifying information about you, or that a litigant, a court, a grand jury, or government agency may subpoena that information. In all such circumstances, The Vindicator Printing Company reserves the sole discretion to decide how to respond to any such orders or subpoenas, including full compliance and disclosure without prior notice to you. In the course of responding to a subpoena or order, or in the course of other activities, such as (by way of illustration) defending a lawsuit, The Vindicator Printing Company may need to consult its own attorneys. In doing so, The Vindicator Printing Company may disclose personal information to its attorneys. The opt-out opportunity does not apply to disclosures made by The Vindicator Printing Company in response to subpoenas, orders, or to its own attorneys.
III. The Advertising On Our Sites.
VI. Security of Information.
(1) We use our best efforts to ensure the security of personal information submitted by users. Unfortunately, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to take great care to protect your personal information, The Vindicator Printing Company cannot warrant the security of any information that you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We store personal information in an area to which the general public does not have permission to access with one exception: personal information that you include in messages posted to the Sites’ publicly available interactive forums is available to the general public.
(2) Remember to sign off the Sites and close your browser window when you are finished. That ensures that others cannot pose as you online. This is especially important if you are at a terminal that is accessible to others, such as the library, at school, at the workplace or at an Internet café.
VII. Use of Materials.
VIII. Accuracy of User Information.
You can also write to us at:
The Vindicator Printing Company
107 Vindicator Square
Youngstown, OH 44503