• Boar’s Head Ladies of St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown, will sponsor a chicken dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the church. The menu will feature salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, bread and butter, pie and beverage. The cost is $6.50, and containers will be provided for takeout orders. No reservations are necessary. For takeout orders call (330) 743-3175. This will be the last dinner until Jan. 13.
• Pricetown Methodist Church, 4640 Pritchard-Ohltown Road, Newton Falls, will serve home-cooked suppers of sweet sausage cacciatore and chicken cacciatore over linguini, with provolone garnish, salad, bread and desserts from 5 to 6:30 p.m. The cost is $7 for adults, $3.50 for children 6 to 12 and free for those 5 and younger. Carryouts available.
• American Legion F.D.R. Post 560, 103 12th St., Campbell, will serve fish or shrimp dinners from noon to 6 p.m. The cost is $7 for adults and $4 for children 12 and under. Meals include macaroni and cheese or french fries, coleslaw or haluski, and bread and butter. Desserts and beverages will be available, and there will be a 50-50 raffle. For more information contact Dominic Medina, (330) 755-6276, or Victor Reyes, (330) 759-6198.
• Holy Trinity Church, 250 Bridge St., Struthers, will sell potato, cabbage and lekvar pirogi. Orders will be taken from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday and from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Friday at (330) 755-0064. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Orders may be picked up from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday. Containers will be provided.
• Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church will serve fish dinners from 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the church hall, 53 Laird Ave., Youngstown. The menu will consist of baked or fried Icelandic cod or fried haddock; sides of Spanish rice, haluski, macaroni and cheese, french fries or string beans (choose two); coleslaw or applesauce; bread and butter; and coffee or tea. The cost is $9 for adults and $4.50 for children. Dessert will be an additional $1.50. Containers will be provided for takeouts. Orders will be accepted from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at (330) 792-1005.
• Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church Hall, 526 W. Rayen Ave., Youngstown, will be selling potato and potato with kraut pirogi for $5 a dozen. Orders should be placed from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday at (330) 746-9528 and are to be picked up between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Friday. Advance sales only. No lunches will be served. Dec. 18 will be the last day for sales before Christmas.
• St. Anne Ukrainian Catholic Church, 4310 Kirk Road, Austintown, will sell potato and cheese pirogi. To order, call (330) 799-0084 after 6 p.m. Thursday or after 8 a.m. Friday. Pickup will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. Cost is $5 per bag of one dozen (no containers necessary). Walk-ins are welcome. Patrons are asked to use the side entrance.
• St. John Orthodox Church, 301 Struthers-Liberty Road, Campbell, will have a takeout-only haluski sale from noon to 5 p.m. Cost is $4 per quart, and choices are cabbage or cheese. Bring your own container or pay 25 cents for one. To order in advance, call (330) 755-2223 from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Potato, prune and kraut pirogi will be sold at St. Joseph the Provider Church, 633 Porter Ave., Campbell. Cost is $4.50 a dozen. Phone orders may be made beginning at 8 a.m. at (330) 755-1316, and orders can be picked up beginning at noon. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers. No walk-in orders will be available. Frozen pirogi will be sold while supplies last. The last sale of the season will be Dec. 18.
• St. Paul the Apostle Church, Main Street, New Middletown, will sell potato, sweet cabbage and cottage cheese pirogi. Orders can be called to (330) 542-3525 from 7 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Pickup will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday. The last sale before Christmas will be Dec. 18. Sales will resume Jan. 8.
• St. Stanislaus Church, 430 Williamson Ave., Youngstown, will sell potato, kraut and cottage cheese pirogi. The cost is $5 a dozen. Advance orders will be taken at (330) 747-3024 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday and 8 to 11 Friday, based upon availability. Lunches will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers and use the side entrance. No lunches will be served and no walk-in orders will be accepted on Dec. 18. Only advance orders will be filled, and no hot pirogi will be available.
• Bethel Lutheran Church, 425 Crestview Ave., Boardman, will have a Christmas cookie walk and soup sale from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cookies will be sold by the dozen and soup by the quart. Hand-sewn and miscellaneous items will also be sold.
• Calvary United Methodist Church, at the junction of state routes 164 and 165 in North Lima, will have a cookie sale from 10 a.m. to noon. Available will be a variety of homemade cookies, candies and kolachi. Trays of cookies will also be sold.
• Fowler United Methodist Church, 3426 Youngstown-Kingsville Road, will serve chicken-pie dinners from 3:30 to 6 p.m. Meals will include potatoes, green beans, applesauce, coleslaw, bread, dessert and beverage. Cost is $8 for adults, $4 for children 6 to 12 and free for preschoolers. For information contact (330) 637-5253.
• Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church on Via Mount Carmel, Youngstown, will sponsor a spaghetti dinner from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the church hall. Cost is $6 for adults and $4 for children. Carryouts will be available; containers are 50 cents or you can provide your own.
• Sisters of the Humility of Mary will sponsor its first full-course roast beef dinner at the Villa Maria Community Center, Evergreen Road, Villa Maria, Pa., from noon to 4 p.m. The meal will include sweet corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits, beverage and dessert. A Nativity display and the Villa Shoppe will be open, and local choirs will sing. The cost is $8 for adults, $4.50 for kids and free for those 7 and under. Tickets will be sold in advance, and takeout will be available. Seating is limited. For information or to buy a ticket, call (724) 964-8920 Ext. 3348 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Holy Trinity Romanian Orthodox Church, 626 Wick Ave., Youngstown, will have a holiday nut or poppyseed kolachi sale until Christmas. The cost is $9 each. Call (330) 792-1115 to place an order and schedule pickup time.
• Mended Hearts Support Group will have a holiday nut sale today through Dec. 21 at St. Elizabeth Health Center and in front of the cafeteria at the Jewish Community Center. Cashews and mixed nuts are $8 a pound bag, and trail mix is $5 a pound bag. For more information contact Harold Hake, (330) 542-0909.
• Boardman United Methodist Church, 6809 Market St., is taking orders for individual serving sized baked ham loaves at (330) 758-4527. Cost is $1.25 each, and pickup will be between 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday.
• National Shrine of Our Lady of Lebanon, 2759 N. Lipkey Road, North Jackson, will be selling homemade kolachi. All orders must be placed by Monday. Pickup will be Dec. 19 from 3-6:30 p.m. and Dec. 20 from 2-6:30 p.m. Prices are nut, $8, and strawberry/cheese or apricot, $9.
• St. Anne Ukrainian Byzantine Catholic Church, 4310 Kirk Road, Austintown, is taking orders for poppyseed, nut, poppyseed with raisin, and nut with raisin kolachi for the holidays. The cost is $10 each. To order call Charlene Bury, (330) 519-5311, by Thursday. Pickup will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday.
• St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 159 Reed Ave., Campbell, will sell homemade haluski. Place orders from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and pick up from 10 a.m. to noon Dec. 18 in the church hall. The cost is $5 a quart. Call (330) 755-0036 or (330) 755-4141.
• Simon Road Church of God, 4750 Simon Road, Boardman, is taking orders for a kolachi sale on Dec. 17. Church members will bake nut, poppyseed, prune and apricot kolachi at a cost of $7 each. The deadline to order is Sunday. Call (330) 782-0735 or (330) 542-3884.
• Tod Avenue United Methodist Women, 155 Tod Ave. N.W., Warren, will have a holiday cookie sale. Orders will be accepted until Thursday at (330) 856-3082, (330) 638-2597 or (330) 847-0672 for small trays of cookies for $15, large trays, $22, and pizzelles for $3 per dozen. Pickup will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Dec. 19, and 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 20.
• Campbell “O” Club will sponsor a St. Nicholas Bake Shop from noon to 2 p.m. Dec. 19 at St. John Orthodox Church, 301 Struthers-Liberty Road, Campbell. Items for sale: apricot, cheese, lekvar, nut and poppyseed kolachi at $8 each; frozen, unbaked strudel at $8 each; pogachi (potato and cheese) at $6 each; cookie trays at $10 for small or $15 for large; assorted cookies at $4.50 per dozen; frozen, uncooked stuffed cabbage at $15 per dozen; wedding and Christmas eve mushroom/sauerkraut soup at $6 per quart.
• A listing of food sales and dinners is published Wednesday. Please submit information for takeout and sit-down dinners to the Society Department before 5 p.m. Monday.