Bodies of 2 Mooney seniors found in Boardman cemetery
Boardman police seek help from the public in its investigation of the deaths.
Staff Report
BOARDMAN — The bodies of two Cardinal Mooney High School seniors were found at Forest Lawn Cemetery on Market Street in Boardman this morning.
Both male victims had gunshot wounds, police said.
The names of the victims – who were 17 and 18 —were not released by police. The victims were found in the cemetery at about 7:05 a.m. when an officer on patrol spotted a vehicle on the property.
Jack Nichols, chief of the Boardman Police Department, said the case is being investigated, and it could take weeks before a conclusion is made. Nichols said evidence, including gun shot residue, will determine whether the incident is ruled a homicide-suicide or a double suicide.
Other details were not made available.
Monday classes had been canceled because of Mooney’s state championship football victory Friday. But the school will open at 10 a.m. to students who wish to mourn their classmates. There is also a Mass in remembrance of the victims at 1 p.m. at the school
Nichols asked anyone with any information on the incident or those involved to contact the department at (330) 726-4144 and asked for Lt. Don Hawkins.
Read the full story Monday in The Vindicator and Vindy.com.
43
