• American Legion Post 290, state Route 14, Columbiana, kitchen is open to the public from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and among the daily specials are: Wednesday, wings from 6 to 9 p.m.; Thursday, chicken or steak salads; Friday, all-you-can-eat fish fry from 4 to 7 p.m., including macaroni and cheese, fries, coleslaw and dessert, cost is $9 for adults and $4 for children 12 and under. takeouts are available; and Saturday, a steak fry from 5 to 8 p.m. including baked potato, salad and Texas toast for $14. For more information, call (330) 482-9657.
• Col. Louis J. Campbell VFW Post 3538, 157 Lowellville Road, Struthers, will serve a spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Meals will include meatballs, salad, bread and butter, and coffee. Cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children under 8. Carryout orders are $6.50 and will be available only until 6 p.m. Containers will be provided.
• Holy Trinity Church, 250 Bridge St., Struthers, will sell potato, cabbage and lekvar pirogi. Orders will be taken from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday and from 8 :30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday at (330) 755-0064. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Orders may be picked up from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday. Patrons are asked to provide containers.
• Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church will serve fish dinners from 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the church hall, 53 Laird Ave., Youngstown. The menu will consist of baked or fried Icelandic cod or fried haddock; sides of Spanish rice, haluski, macaroni and cheese, french fries or string beans (choose two); coleslaw or applesauce; bread and butter; and coffee or tea. The cost is $9 for adults and $4.50 for children. Dessert will be an additional $1.50. Containers will be provided for takeouts. Orders will be accepted from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at (330) 792-1005. There will be no fish dinners served on Nov. 28.
• Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church Hall, 526 W. Rayen Ave., Youngstown, will be selling pirogi. The cost for potato or potato with kraut pirogi is $5 a dozen. Orders will be taken from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday at (330) 746-9528. Orders should be placed early and are to be picked up between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Friday. Hot lunches will be available beginning at 11 a.m. Friday. The next sale will be Dec. 5
• Potato and cheese pirogi will be sold at St. Anne Ukrainian Catholic Church, 4310 Kirk Road, Austintown. To order, call (330) 799-0084 after 6 p.m. Thursday or after 8 a.m. Friday. Pickup will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday. Cost is $5 per bag of one dozen (no containers necessary). Walk-ins are welcome, but no sales before 11 a.m. Patrons are asked to use the side entrance.
• St. Anthony Church, 1125 Turin Ave., Youngstown, will sell pizza and other Italian treats. Orders may be placed by calling (330) 746-9577 from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. and must be picked up by 1 p.m. Friday.
• Potato, prune and kraut pirogi will be sold at St. Joseph the Provider Church, 633 Porter Ave., Campbell. Cost is $4.50 a dozen. Phone orders may be made beginning at 8 a.m. at (330) 755-1316, and orders can be picked up beginning at noon. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers. No walk-in orders will be available.
• St. Luke Church, 5235 South Ave., Boardman, will bake Italian-style red and white pizza. Phone orders will be accepted at (330) 788-0025 between 9-11:30 a.m. only. Pickup will be until 1 p.m. Price is $6 for regular or Brier Hill pizza, and $5 for white pizza. This will be the last sale until Jan 9.
• St. Paul the Apostle Church, Main Street, New Middletown, will sell potato, sweet cabbage and cottage cheese pirogi. Orders can be called to (330) 542-3525 from 7 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Pickup will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be no sales Thanksgiving week. Sales will resume Dec. 5.
• St. Stanislaus Church, 430 Williamson Ave., Youngstown, will sell potato, kraut and cottage cheese pirogi. Advance orders will be taken at (330) 747-3024 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday and 8 to noon Friday, based upon availability. Pickup will be by 2 p.m. Lunches will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers and use the side entrance. There will be no sales next week. Sales resume Dec. 5. For more information, visit www.ststansyoungstown.org.
• Braceville United Methodist Church, 577 Park Road, Newton Falls, will have a stuffed pork chop dinner from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Meals include mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, coleslaw, applesauce, homemade desserts, bread, and coffee, tea or punch. The cost is $9 for adults and $3.50 for children. Takeouts are available. Musical entertainment will be provided by As Is.
• Holy Cross Parish Hall, 327 Belmont S. N.W., Warren, will be the setting for a Thanksgiving dinner. Doors open at 4:30 p.m., and dinner will be served at 5. Carryouts will be available from 5:30 to 6, and at 6 there will be a “Feather Party.” The cost for meals will be $7 for adults and $3 for children 12 and under.
• Salem Masonic Temple, 788 E. State St., will sponsor an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 7:30 to 10 a.m. The cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children 2 to 10. Featured will be pancakes, scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, bacon, homemade sausage gravy, biscuits, home fries, toast, fruit cocktail, coffee, orange juice and tea. Carryouts will be available. There is a handicapped-accessible elevator.
• Hartford Fire Association and Burghill-Vernon Fire Department will have a pancake breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the old Hartford VFW Hall, Five Points Road in Hartford. Cost is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $4 for children 5 to 12 and free for those 4 and under. The breakfast includes pancakes, French toast, sausage gravy over biscuits, eggs, sausage, milk, orange juice, coffee and tea. Carryouts are available.
• St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 159 Reed Ave., Campbell, is sponsoring a spaghetti dinner from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Meals are $7 for adults and $3.50 for children 6 to 12. Those 5 and under eat free. Takeouts are available.
• Avala Tamburitzans of Youngstown is taking orders for apple, cherry and cheese strudel for Thanksgiving. The cost is $8 each, and pickup will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Holy Trinity Serbian Hall. To order, call (330) 402-9040 or (330) 270-5277.
• Mount Carmel Society of St. Rose Church in Girard is taking orders for pizzelles at $4 for a baker’s dozen in vanilla or anise flavor. Pickup will be Dec. 21 after all Masses. To place an order or for more information, call (330) 545-9594.
• Our Lady of Hungary Church, 545 N. Belle Vista Ave., is selling smoked kolbasi for Christmas at $3.75 per pound. To place an order, call (330) 629-2695 or (330) 533-1444 before Dec. 2. Orders must be picked up between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Dec. 16 at Mindszenty Hall. Deliveries to homebound seniors will be made on Dec. 17. Homemade Christmas cookies also will be for sale. Proceeds will be used for the expenses of the church.
• St. Anne Ukrainian Byzantine Catholic Church, 4310 Kirk Road, Austintown, is taking orders for poppyseed, nut, poppyseed with raisin, and nut with raisin kolachi for the holidays. The cost is $10 each. To order, call the parish office at (330) 792-8555. The order deadline is Nov. 24. Pickup will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Dec. 6 and Dec. 13.
• St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 159 Reed Ave., Campbell, is accepting orders for homemade haluski to be picked up from 10 a.m. to noon Friday at the church hall. The cost is $4 a quart. Orders can be placed by calling (330) 755-0036 or (330) 755-4141 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
• Tod Avenue United Methodist Church, 155 Tod Ave., Warren, is having an annual holiday cookie sale. Cookies will be $15 for a small tray or $22 for a large tray. Pizzelles are $3 a dozen. Orders will be accepted until Dec. 7 at (330) 856-3082, (330) 638-2597, or (330) 847-0672.
Pickup will be 1 to 3 p.m. Dec. 13 and 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 14.
• Highway Tabernacle Church, 3000 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown, is having a free community dinner from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 26. There is no charge, but reserve a seat by calling (330) 792-3000.
• Richard Brown Memorial United Methodist Church, 1205 Elm St. at Woodbine, invites the public to its Northside Community Thanksgiving Dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thanksgiving Day. For more information or transportation, call (330) 743-5432.
• St. Joseph the Provider Church, 633 Porter Ave., Campbell, will have its annual Christmas cookie sale in the cafeteria from noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 6. The cost is $8 per pound for a variety of homemade cookies. Pizzelles and clothespin cookies are $4 per dozen. Also available will be kolachi, while supplies last.
• St. Luke Episcopal Church, 348 Robbins Ave., Niles, has scheduled a creamed chicken and biscuit luncheon for Dec. 7. Serving will be from noon to 3 p.m., and the cost is $6 for adults, $3 for children, and free for those under 5. There will also be a bake sale, gift basket raffle and sale of cookies and candy.
• A listing of food sales and dinners is published Wednesday. Please submit information for takeout and sit-down dinners to the Society Department before 5 p.m. Monday.