• Col. Louis J. Campbell VFW Post 3538, 157 Lowellville Road, Struthers, will serve spaghetti dinners from 4 to 7 p.m. Meals will include meatballs, salad, bread and butter, and coffee. Cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children under 8. Carryout orders are $6.50 and will be available only until 6 p.m. Containers will be provided.
• Holy Trinity Church, 250 Bridge St., Struthers, will sell potato, cabbage and lekvar pirogi. Orders will be taken from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday and from 8 a.m. to noon Friday at (330) 755-0064. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Orders may be picked up from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday. Patrons are asked to provide containers. This is the last sale until September.
• Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church will serve fish dinners from 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the church hall, 53 Laird Ave., Youngstown. The menu will consist of baked or fried Icelandic cod; sides of Spanish rice, haluski, macaroni and cheese, french fries or string beans (choose two); coleslaw or applesauce; and bread and butter, coffee or tea. The cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children. Dessert will be an additional $1.50. Containers will be provided for takeouts. Orders will be accepted from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at (330) 792-1005.
• Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church Hall, 526 W. Rayen Ave., Youngstown, will be selling pirogi. The cost is $4.50 a dozen. Orders will be taken from 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday at (330) 746-9528. Orders should be placed early and are to be picked up between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Friday. Hot lunches will be available beginning at 11 a.m. Friday. A mini garage sale will be held in conjunction with the event. The final sale for the season will be June 6.
• St. Anthony Church, 1125 Turin Ave., Youngstown, will sell pizza and other Italian treats. Orders may be placed by calling (330) 746-9577 from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. and must be picked up by 1 p.m. Friday.
• Potato, prune and kraut pirogi will be sold at St. Joseph the Provider Church, 633 Porter Ave., Campbell. Cost is $4.50 a dozen. Frozen pirogi will be sold while supplies last. Phone orders may be made beginning at 8 a.m. at (330) 755-1316, and orders can be picked up beginning at noon. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers. No walk-in orders will be accepted. The final sale will be May 30.
• St. Paul the Apostle Church, Main Street, New Middletown, will sell potato, sweet cabbage and cottage cheese pirogi. Orders can be called to (330) 542-3525 from 7 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Pickup will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. This will be the final sale of the season. Sales will resume in September.
• St. Stanislaus Church, 430 Williamson Ave., Youngstown, will sell potato, kraut and cottage cheese pirogi. The cost is $4.50 a dozen. Advance orders will be taken at (330) 747-3024 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday and 8 to 11 a.m. Friday, based upon availability. Lunches will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers and use the side entrance. June 6 will be the last day of sales for the season. Sales will resume in September.
• Canfield IOOF Lodge 155 and Park View Rebekah Lodge 719 will sponsor a pancake and sausage breakfast from 9 a.m. to noon at the lodge, 111 S. Broad St., Canfield. A freewill donation will be accepted, and proceeds from the breakfast and from a Chinese auction will be used to purchase personal articles for members of the Armed Forces serving overseas.
• Salem Masonic Temple, 788 E. State St., will have an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 7:30 to 10 a.m. The cost is $5 for adults, $3 for children 2 to 10 and free for those under 2. Featured will be pancakes, scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, bacon, homemade sausage gravy, biscuits, home fries, toast, fruit cocktail, coffee, orange juice and tea. Carryouts will be available. There is a handicapped-accessible elevator.
• Hartford Fire Association and Burghill Vernon Fire Department will serve pancake breakfasts from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hartford VFW Hall, Hartford Five Points Road, Hartford Township. Meals feature pancakes or french toast, eggs and sausage, milk, juice, coffee and tea. Also available will be sausage gravy over biscuits. Meals are $8 for adults, $5 for seniors, $4 for children 5 to 12, and free for those 4 and under. Carryouts are available. For directions, call (330) 772-3993 and leave a message.
• Calvary Baptist Church has scheduled an authentic Amish dinner for June 14 at the church. There will be two seatings for the all-you-can-eat buffet-style dinner, the first from 4:30 to 6 p.m. and the second from 6 to 7. The menu includes roast beef, Amish baked chicken, real mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, green beans, homemade bread, butterscotch-date pudding and a variety of homemade pies. Tickets are $12 for adults, $6 for children 3 to 10 and free for those 2 and under. Tickets must be purchased by June 8 and are available at the church office, or orders may be mailed to the church at 1463 Shields Road, Youngstown, OH 44511. For more information, call (330) 792-7873.
• Omega Council of the Royal and Select Masons will have a soup, sandwich, cake and beverage dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. May 29 at the Salem Masonic Temple, 788 E. State St. Carryouts will be available. The cost is $5. The building has a handicapped accessible elevator.
• A listing of food sales and dinners is published Wednesday. Please submit information for takeout an sit-down dinners to the Society Department before 5 p.m. Monday.