• Benjamin Firestone American Legion Post 29 in Columbiana has its kitchen open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and offers daily specials, some of which follow: tonight, wing night, 6 to 9 p.m., and Friday, rib night, 4 to 8 p.m., half rack $10, includes parsley potatoes, green beans and applesauce.
• Col. Louis J. Campbell VFW Post 3538, 157 Lowellville Road, Struthers, will serve a spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Meals will include meatballs, salad, bread and butter, and coffee. Cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children under 8. Carryout orders are $6.50 and will be available only until 6 p.m. Containers will be provided.
• VFW Triangle Post 2799 Auxiliary, 3161 E. South Range Road, New Springfield, will serve spaghetti dinners with meatballs, salad, bread and coffee or tea from 4 to 8 p.m. The cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children under 12. Carryouts are $6.25.
• Guilford Lake Ruritan, state Route 172 at Hanna Drive, will serve all-you-can-eat fish dinners from 4 to 7 p.m.
• Holy Trinity Church, 250 Bridge St., Struthers, will sell potato, cabbage and lekvar pirogi. Orders will be taken from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday and from 8 :30 to 11 a.m. Friday at (330) 755-0064. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Orders may be picked up until 3:30 p.m. Friday. Containers will be provided.
• Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church will serve fish dinners from 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the church hall, 53 Laird Ave., Youngstown. The menu will consist of baked or fried Icelandic cod or fried haddock; sides of Spanish rice, haluski, macaroni and cheese, french fries or string beans (choose two); coleslaw or applesauce; bread and butter; and coffee or tea. The cost is $9 for adults and $4.50 for children. Dessert will be an additional $1.50. Containers will be provided for takeouts. Orders will be accepted from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at (330) 792-1005.
• Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church Hall, 526 W. Rayen Ave., Youngstown, will be selling potato or potato with kraut pirogi for $5 a dozen. Advance orders only will be taken from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday at (330) 746-9528. Orders should be placed early and are to be picked up between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Friday.
• Potato and cheese pirogi will be sold at St. Anne Ukrainian Catholic Church, 4310 Kirk Road, Austintown. To order, call (330) 799-0084 after 6 p.m. Thursday or after 8 a.m. Friday. Pickup will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday. Cost is $5 per bag of one dozen (no containers necessary). Walk-ins are welcome, but no sales before 11 a.m. Patrons are asked to use the side entrance. Dec. 19 will be the last sale before the holidays.
• St. Anthony Church, 1125 Turin Ave., Youngstown, will be selling pizza and other Italian treats. Orders may be placed by calling (330) 746-9577 from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. and must be picked up by 1 p.m.
• Potato, prune and kraut pirogi will be sold at St. Joseph the Provider Church, 633 Porter Ave., Campbell. Cost is $4.50 a dozen. Phone orders may be made beginning at 8 a.m. at (330) 755-1316, and orders can be picked up beginning at noon. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers. No walk-in orders will be available. Dec. 19 will be the last sale before the holidays.
• St. Paul the Apostle Church, Main Street, New Middletown, will sell potato, sweet cabbage and cottage cheese pirogi. Orders can be called to (330) 542-3525 from 7 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Pickup will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The last sale before Christmas will be Dec. 19. Sales will resume Jan. 9.
• St. Stanislaus Church, 430 Williamson Ave., Youngstown, will sell potato, kraut and cottage cheese pirogi. Advance orders will be taken at (330) 747-3024 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday and 8 to noon Friday, based upon availability. Pickup will be by 2 p.m. Lunches will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers and use the side entrance. On Dec. 19, there will be no eat-ins, only takeouts, and that will be the last day for sales until after the holidays. Sales will resume on Jan. 9. For more information, visit www.ststansyoungstown.org.
• Calla Community Church, 6482 W. Calla Road, Green Township, will have its annual Cookie Walk from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Homemade cookies of all kinds will be featured.
SBlt Calvary United Methodist Church, 12062 South Ave. Ext. in North Lima, will have its annual Christmas cookie sale from 10 a.m. to noon. Items include homemade cookies, candies and kolachi. Ready-made trays of cookies will also be available. The church is at the junction of routes 164 and 165.
• Fowler United Methodist Church will have a chicken pie dinner from 3:30 to 6 p.m. at the cost of $8 for adults, $4 for ages 6 to 12, and free for preschoolers. The meals include potato, green beans, applesauce, coleslaw, bread, beverage and dessert. Takeouts will be available.
• Craig Beach Volunteer Fire Department is having an all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage breakfast from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the fire hall, 1797 Grandview Road, Lake Milton. The cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children 3 to 12. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be available for pictures.
• Jerusalem Lutheran Church, 415 S. Main St., Columbiana, will have a soup-and-sandwich fundraiser. Carryouts will begin at 9:30 a.m., and seating will begin at 11:30 a.m. Thrivent 30766 will match the funds raised. For more information, call the church office at (330) 482-2136.
• Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church on Via Mount Carmel, Youngstown, will sponsor a spaghetti dinner from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the church hall. Cost is $6 for adults and $3.50 for children. Carryouts will be available; containers are $1 or you can provide your own.
• Circle of Serbian Sisters of Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church, 54 Laird Ave., Youngstown, is taking orders for nut, apricot, prune and poppyseed kolachi until Monday. The cost is $8 each. To order call (330) 788-0635. Pickup will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 22 at the Serbian Memorial Hall.
• St. Rose Mount Carmel Society in Girard is taking orders for pizzelles at $4 for a baker’s dozen in vanilla or anise flavor. Pickup will be Dec. 21 after all Masses. To place an order or for more information, call (330) 545-9594.
• A listing of food sales and dinners is published Wednesday. Please submit information for takeout and sit-down dinners to the Society Department before 5 p.m. Monday.