• American Legion Post 737, 16465 Milton Ave., Lake Milton, will hold a spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. The cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children 12 and under. For carryouts, call (330) 654-5630.
• Col. Louis J. Campbell VFW Post 3538, 157 Lowellville Road, Struthers, will hold a spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Meals will be served with meatballs, salad, bread and butter, and coffee. Cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children under 8. Carryout orders are $6.50 and will be available only until 6 p.m. Containers will be provided.
• American Legion Post 737, 16465 Milton Ave., Lake Milton, will serve dinners of fried or broiled fish, fries or macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, rolls and beverage from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The cost is $6.50. Meals of chicken, fries, coleslaw, rolls and beverage are $6.50, and meals of shrimp with fries, coleslaw, rolls and beverage are $7. For carryouts, call (330) 654-5630.
• Heritage Presbyterian Church, 1951 Mathews Road, Poland, is offering chili dinners from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Costs are: bowl, $2; refill, $1; quarts, $3; slice of pie, $1.50; whole pie, $6; and coffee or punch, 50 cents.
• Holy Trinity Church, 250 Bridge St., Struthers, will be selling potato, cabbage and lekvar pirogi. Orders will be taken from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday and from 8 a.m. to noon Friday at (330) 755-0064. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Orders may be picked up from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday. Patrons are asked to provide containers.
• Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church will serve fish dinners from 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the church hall, 53 Laird Ave., Youngstown. The menu will consist of baked or fried Icelandic cod; sides of Spanish rice, haluski, macaroni and cheese, french fries or string beans (choose two); coleslaw or applesauce; and bread and butter, coffee or tea. The cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children. Dessert will be an additional $1.50. Containers will be provided for takeouts. Orders will be accepted from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at (330) 792-1005.
• Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church Hall, 526 W. Rayen Ave., Youngstown, will be selling pirogi. The cost for pirogi is $4.50 a dozen. Orders will be taken from 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday at (330) 746-9528. Orders should be placed early and are to be picked up between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Friday. Hot lunches will be available beginning at 11 a.m. Friday. A mini garage sale will be held in conjunction with the event.
• Potato pirogi will be sold at St. Anne Ukrainian Catholic Church, 4310 Kirk Road, Austintown. To order call (330) 799-0084 at 6 p.m. Thursday or 8 to 11 a.m. Friday. Pickup will be from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday. There will be no sales before 11 a.m. Cost is $5 per dozen. The pirogi will be sold in bags by the dozen, and patrons are asked not to take containers. Use the side entrance. Walk-ins are welcome.
• St. Anthony Church, 1125 Turin Ave., Youngstown, will be selling pizza and other Italian treats. Orders may be placed by calling (330) 746-9577 from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. and must be picked up by 1 p.m. Friday.
• Potato, prune and kraut pirogi will be sold at St. Joseph the Provider Church, 633 Porter Ave., Campbell. Cost is $4 a dozen. Phone orders may be made beginning at 8 a.m. at (330) 755-1316, and orders can be picked up beginning at noon. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers. No walk-in orders will be available.
• St. Luke Church, 5235 South Ave., Boardman, will be baking Italian-style red and white pizza. Phone orders will be accepted at (330) 788-0025 between 9 a.m. and noon only. Pickup will be until 1 p.m. Price is $5.50 for red and $4.50 for white.
• St. Paul the Apostle Church, Main Street, New Middletown, will sell potato, sweet cabbage and cottage cheese pirogi. Orders can be called to (330) 542-3525 from 7 to 11 a.m. Thursday and Friday. No walk-in orders will be accepted. Pickup will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
• St. Stanislaus Church, 430 Williamson Ave., Youngstown, will sell potato, kraut and cottage cheese pirogi. The cost is $4 a dozen. Advance orders will be taken at (330) 747-304 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday and 8 to 11 a.m. Friday, based upon availability. Lunches will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Patrons are asked to provide their own containers and use the side entrance.
• Concord Presbyterian Church, Route 45, north of Salem, is sponsoring an all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage breakfast from 7 a.m. to noon. Cost is $6 for adults, $3 for children 5 to 12, and free for those 4 and under. Proceeds go to the church’s improvement fund.
• Cortland United Methodist Church, 155 North High St., is offering a turkey dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. The menu includes homemade dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetable, coleslaw, applesauce, cranberry sauce, bread, dessert and beverage. Cost for adults is $7.50; children 5 to 12, $3.50; and those under 5, free. Carryouts will be available.
• Lowellville United Methodist Church, 190 W. Wood Street, is having a chicken and biscuit dinner from 4 to 6 p.m. Cost for adults is $7 and for children, $3.50. Takeouts will be available.
• Salem Masonic Temple, 788 E. State St., is holding an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 7:30 to 10 a.m. Cost is $5 for adults, $3 for children 2 to 10 and free for those under 2. On the menu are waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, homemade sausage gravy, biscuits, home fries, toast, coffee, orange juice and tea. Carryouts will be available, and there is a handicapped-accessible elevator.
• Southington American Legion Post 751, 3145 Warren-Burton Road, is having a Swiss steak dinner from 4 to 6:30 p.m. The meal includes mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetable, coleslaw, beverages and dessert. Cost is $7 for adults and $3.50 for children.
• The youth of Trinity Lutheran Church, 56 N. Chestnut, Niles, will sponsor a pork and sauerkraut dinner from 4:30 to 6 p.m. in the church fellowship hall. The cost will be $7.50 for adults and $3.50 for children 3 to 10. Tickets will be sold at the door, and carryouts will be available. For more information, call (330) 652-6078.
• Angels for Animals will hold a spaghetti dinner from noon to 4 p.m. at Andrews Hall, 4750 state Route 165, Canfield. The menu includes meatballs, salad, bread and dessert. The cost is $6 for adults, $3.50 for children 6 to 17, and free for those under 6. Beverages are extra. For more information, call (330) 398-9551.
• Croatian Home, 3200 Vestal Road, will serve dinners from noon to 4 p.m. The menu features a cup of chicken noodle soup with a choice of stuffed pork chops or stuffed chicken breast, and includes potato, vegetables, salad, dessert, bread, coffee and tea. The cost is $8.50 for adults and $4.25 for children 12 and younger. For reservations, call Fran Piersante, (330) 792-5414.
• Holy Trinity Church, 250 N. Bridge Street, Struthers, is sponsoring a stuffed cabbage dinner from noon to 4 p.m. in the parish hall. Cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children. Takeout will be available; patrons are asked to take their own containers.
• A Harvest Dinner featuring breaded pork chops will be served at Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish Hall, 702 Cameron Ave., Youngstown, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Cost is $8 for adults, $4 for children 6 to 12 and free for those 5 and under. Carryouts will be available. For information, call (330) 399-1217 or (330) 747-9572.
• St. Mary Byzantine Catholic Church, 7782 Glenwood Ave., Boardman, will hold its monthly spaghetti dinner from noon to 3 p.m. Cost is $6 for adults and $3.50 for children. The menu will include meatballs, salad, bread, pastries and coffee. Takeouts will be available. For information, call (330) 726-8573.
• Sts. Cyril and Methodius Church, 252 E. Wood St., Youngstown, is sponsoring a spaghetti dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dinners cost $6 for adults and $4 for children 12 and under. Takeouts will be available. Patrons may take their own containers or they will be provided for 50 cents each. All proceeds go to the church’s repair fund to pay for an elevator and restoration of stained-glass windows.
• St. Anne Ukrainian Byzantine Catholic Church, 4310 Kirk Road, Austintown, is taking orders for apricot, lekvar, poppyseed, nut, poppyseed with raisin, and nut with raisin kolachi for the holidays. To order, call Jean Yash, (330) 965-9032.
• Salem Saxon Club, state Route 9, will hold a German/Saxon sausage sale from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Nov. 10. Plain, garlic or hot rope sausage can be ordered in 3- or 5-pound portions for a cost of $2.50 a pound. Orders must be placed in advance by Nov. 6 by calling (330) 332-9810 or (330) 337-8940. On sale day, lunch of sausage sandwiches, pastries and beverages will be available.
• Boar’s Head Ladies of St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown, will sponsor a chicken dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 31 at the church. The menu will include salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, bread and butter, pie and beverage. Cost is $6.50, and containers will be provided for takeout orders. No reservations are necessary. For takeout orders, call (330) 743-3175.
• Leetonia First United Methodist Church, 50 Lisbon St., will sponsor its annual Swiss steak dinner at 6 p.m. Nov. 3. The meal includes mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, green beans, roll and pie. Beverages will be provided. Carryouts will be available. Tickets must be purchased in advance by calling (330) 427-6634 or (330) 427-2037. Cost is $8 for adults, $4 for children 6 to 10 and free for those 5 and under. No tickets will be sold at the door.
• A listing of food sales and dinners is published Wednesday. Please submit information for takeout and sit-down dinners to the Society Department before 5 p.m. Monday.