2 Pennsylvania women arrested on drug charges

2 Pennsylvania womenarrested on drug charges
YOUNGSTOWN -- Police responding to a possible drug overdose arrested two Pennsylvania women Tuesday evening in a store parking lot on Albert Street. Kelly Jo Haylett, 23, of Greenville told police that her cousin Tara McGee, 18, of Jamestown had taken some heroin and may have overdosed. McGee was taken to St. Elizabeth Health Center. Police said they found packets of suspected heroin and a crack pipe in McGee's purse, a syringe in the front passenger seat and one behind the driver's seat. Haylett is charged with possession of drug abuse instruments. McGee is charged with possession of heroin and drug abuse instruments.
Firearm conviction
CAMPBELL -- Judge John P. Almasy sentenced Gary T. Carter, 41, of LaBelle Avenue, Youngstown, to 180 days in jail and six months' reporting probation and fined him $250 after finding him guilty Tuesday of improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle. The judge suspended 165 days of the jail term. Police found a loaded .38-caliber revolver under the front passenger seat of the car Carter was driving during a traffic stop in February. The judge also sentenced Carter to 180 days in jail -- 165 days suspended -- and six months' reporting probation and fined $250 after finding him guilty of driving without a license. Carter is to serve his sentences concurrently beginning April 7.
Facing trafficking charges
YOUNGSTOWN -- Police arrested Brunhilde A. Clark, 47, of Naylor-Lloyd Road, Girard, on charges of trafficking in cocaine and driving under suspension after stopping a vehicle Tuesday on the North Side for failing to signal a turn, reports show. During a search, police found eight bags of suspected crack cocaine packaged for sale in Clark's pants pocket. Police pulled Clark over on Lora Avenue at 4:20 p.m.
Reports lead to arrest
YOUNGSTOWN -- Reports of gunmen running around the area of Jay Jay's bar on Market Street led to the arrest of Jamar D. Martin, 21, of Roxbury Avenue at 12:45 a.m. today. Based on witness statements, police went from the bar to West Florida Avenue, where they saw five men on a porch. When he saw police, Martin took off running, reports show. When caught, Martin had a 9mm handgun in his sweat-shirt pocket, police said. He was charged with carrying a concealed weapon and resisting arrest. Records show that he was indicted by a Mahoning County grand jury in February 2000 on a charge of failure to obey a police order and later found guilty. Probation was terminated in January, the clerk's office said. He also was indicted in October 2001 on a charge of inciting violence and, at sentencing, was given credit for 180 days in jail.
Teen under house arrest
STRUTHERS -- Police have placed a 15-year-old Herman Street boy under house arrest. Reports say the boy's mother reported him missing about 8:50 p.m. Monday. She told police her son, who is mentally disabled, was supposed to be home by dark and the last time she saw him, he was pushing a broken lawn mower around town trying to find someone to fix it. Officers found the mower near Nick's Department Store on South Bridge Street, but could not locate the boy. Almost an hour later, the boy's mother informed police her son came home driving a blue minivan. The boy told police he stole the van to practice driving. Police notified the owner, who said he keeps keys to the vehicle inside his South Bridge Street business.
Liberty school board
LIBERTY -- The monthly board of education meeting has been changed to 6:30 p.m. April 14 at the high school community room.
Truck driver killed
GROVE CITY, Pa. -- State police said a McElhattan, Pa., woman was killed when her tractor-trailer ran off Interstate 80 in Wolf Creek Township around 1:50 a.m. today. Kimm A. Green, 48, was westbound when her rig ran into the median and rolled onto its side, police said.\
Cash stolen from office
SHARON, Pa. -- Police said someone broke into the office at Warehouse Sales at 200 W. Silver St. while the store was open and took an undisclosed amount of money. The office was locked but someone pried open the door between 4 and 4:30 p.m. Monday to get in, police said.
, noting there were customers and employees in the store at the time.