Daltrey visits teen cancer patients


Daltrey visits teen cancer patients

CLEVELAND

Hall of Fame rocker Roger Daltrey is raising awareness for teenage cancer by visiting patients and their families.

The Who’s front man toured Rainbow Babies Hospital on Monday and met with youngsters fighting the disease. Daltrey is a longtime advocate for improving diagnosis and treatment for teens with cancer. The 73-year-old has been involved with the Teenage Cancer Trust in England and co-founded Teen Cancer America.

Daltrey and Pete Townshend are the surviving members of the Who. The group was founded in the early 1960s and continues to perform today. Daltrey’s iconic voice has helped make songs such as “My Generation,” “Behind Blue Eyes” and “Won’t Get Fooled Again” anthems for generations of music fans.

Bieber cancels rest of his tour

NEW YORK

Justin Bieber is canceling the rest of his Purpose World Tour “due to unforeseen circumstances.”

His representatives didn’t offer details about the cancellation in a statement released Monday but said the singer “loves his fans and hates to disappoint them.”

“However, after careful consideration he has decided he will not be performing any further dates,” the statement read.

Bieber has been on the tour for the last 18 months, playing more than 150 shows on six continents. The Grammy winner’s upcoming shows included stops in the U.S. and Canada, including the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

The pop star was supposed to wrap the tour in Asia in September. The tour cancellation comes days after the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Culture said that it won’t be inviting Bieber to perform in the country because of his past “bad behavior.” During his 2013 visit to China, he drew criticism when pictures showed him being carried up the Great Wall of China by a pair of bodyguards.

Bieber was planned to perform shows in Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Singapore and Indonesia.

Tickets for all of his canceled dates will be refunded at point of purchase.

Hilary Duff’s home in Calif. burglarized

LOS ANGELES

A representative for Hilary Duff calls a burglary at the star’s Beverly Hills home “a scary and upsetting situation.”

Publicist Erica Gerard says Duff is thankful her family and staff weren’t hurt in the burglary last week, which was reported by TMZ.

TMZ says Duff was vacationing in Canada at the time of the incident and the thieves made off with hundreds of thousands of dollars in jewelry. Los Angeles police would confirm only that a burglary took place in Duff’s neighborhood and that the owner was not home at the time.

Gerard says Duff “has a significant security team in place that will work with the authorities on this incident and handle security measures moving forward.”

Duff stars on TV Land’s “Younger.”

Associated Press