Originally published March 26, 2008 at midnight, updated March 26, 2008 at 7:08 a.m.
• Slippery Rock Rotary Club will sponsor an all-you-can eat spaghetti dinner from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at St. Peter Church, 670 S. Main St., Slippery Rock, Pa. Tickets cost $7 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under. Meals include meatballs, salad, bread and butter, and beverage. Desserts will be for sale at an extra cost. The dinner benefits local and worldwide Rotary charities, including the Polio Plus campaign to eradicate polio worldwide. Tickets are available from any club member and at the door. For more information, call Henry J. Anna at (724) 748-4664 or Jeff Berta at (724) 735-4700.
• American Legion Post 737, 16465 Milton Ave., Lake Milton, will serve fish dinners from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Choices are: fried or broiled fish and fries or macaroni and cheese, $6.50; chicken and fries, $6.50; and shrimp and fries, $7. All meals include coleslaw, rolls and beverage. Cost for children 12 and under is $4.50. Carryouts are available. Call (330) 654-5630.
• Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church will serve fish dinners from 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the church hall, 53 Laird Ave., Youngstown. The menu will consist of baked or fried Icelandic cod; sides of Spanish rice, haluski, macaroni and cheese, french fries or string beans (choose two); coleslaw or applesauce; and bread and butter, coffee or tea. The cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children. Dessert will be an additional $1.50. Containers will be provided for takeouts. Orders will be accepted from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at (330) 792-1005.
• St. Anthony Church, 1125 Turin Ave., Youngstown, will sell pizza and other Italian treats. Orders may be placed by calling (330) 746-9577 from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. and must be picked up by 1 p.m. Friday.
• Braceville United Methodist Church, 577 Park Road S.W., Newton Falls, will sponsor a stuffed pork chop dinner from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Meals include mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, coleslaw, applesauce, homemade desserts, bread, and coffee, tea or lemonade. The cost is $8.50 for adults and $3.50 for children. Takeouts are available.
• North Lima Mennonite Church, 90 Mennonite Drive, will sponsor a breakfast buffet from 7 to 10 a.m. The all-you-can-eat meal will feature eggs, pancakes, french toast, potatoes, sausage, fruits, juice and coffee. A donation will be accepted. For more information, call (330) 549-2333.
• St. Patrick Church will have its annual spring dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. at the church, 6387 state Route 87, Kinsman. The cost is $6.50 for adults, $3.50 for children 6 to 12 and free for those 5 and under. Carryouts will be available.
• Aut Mori Grotto will serve a beef stew dinner from noon to 4 p.m. at Shangri-La, 7209 W. Calla Road, Canfield. Meals include mashed potatoes, gravy, mushrooms, onions, vegetable, salad, bread, dessert and beverage. The cost is $7.50 for adults and $4 for children under 12. For advance tickets, call Ron Craig, (330) 629-9679, or Michael Vadas, (330) 402-7559. Tickets also will be available at the door.
• Boy Scouts of America, Troop 54, will serve spaghetti dinners from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Candlelight Knolls, 2619 Hoagland Blackstub Road, Niles. Meals are $6 for adults, $4 for children 4 to 12, and free for those 3 and under.
• Jackson Township Fire Department and Auxiliary will sponsor a pancake and sausage breakfast from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at North Jackson Fire Station, 229 Salem-Warren Road. Meals are $5 for adults and $2.50 for children 5 to 12. Those 4 and under eat free. There will be a Chinese auction and 50-50 raffle.
• St. Dominic Church, 3403 Southern Blvd., Youngstown, will serve spaghetti dinners from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Meals include salad, dessert and beverage and are $6 for adults, $3 for teenagers 13 to 17, and free for children 12 and under. Carryouts will be available. Mention the announcement in the paper and receive a $1 discount.
• St. John Lutheran Church, 1429 Mahoning Ave., Youngstown, will have an all-you-can-eat pasta and meatball buffet at noon. Meals will include Italian bread, dessert and beverage. The cost is $6.95 for adults and $3.50 for children 6 to 12. Those 5 and under eat free.
• St. Mary Byzantine Catholic Church, 7782 Glenwood Ave., Boardman, will serve a spaghetti dinner from noon to 3 p.m. Cost is $6 for adults and $3.50 for children. The menu will include meatballs, salad, bread, pastries and coffee. Takeouts will be available. For information, call (330) 726-8573.
• St. Mary Church, 3504 state Route 46, Mineral Ridge, will serve spaghetti dinners from 1 to 5 p.m. Meals are $6.50 for adults, $3.50 for children 5 to 11 and free for those 4 and under. Takeouts will be available. Call (330) 652-8319.
• Sts. Cyril and Methodius Church, 252 E. Wood St., Youngstown, will sponsor a spaghetti dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Meals are $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for children 12 and under. Takeouts will be available.
• Saxon Club, 710 S. Meridian Road, Austintown, will serve roast pork dinners from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Meals will include sauerkraut, potatoes, applesauce, rolls, coffee or tea, and dessert. The price is $7.50, and takeouts will be available. For more information, call (330) 792-7973.
• St. Rose Church, 48 E. Main St., Girard, will be selling dinners of rotisserie grilled chicken from 1 to 4 p.m. April 6 at Rosetta Hall at the church. The meal includes half a chicken, baked potato, choice of corn or green beans almondine, salad and dessert. The dinners, which cost $9 each, are for takeout only. To order, call (330) 545-4351.
• American Hungarian Club, 2219 Donald Ave., Youngstown, will serve chicken paprikash dinners from 1 to 3 p.m. April 6. Reservations will be accepted until April 3 at (330) 538-9970. Meals are $7.50. Patrons may provide containers for takeouts or pay 50 cents for one.
• Austintown Community Church, 242 S. Canfield Niles Road, will host a roast beef dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. April 5 at the church fellowship hall. Meals include salad, homemade rolls and pie. The cost is $7 for adults, $3.50 for children 5 to 11 and free for those 4 and under. Carryouts are available. Dinner tickets are available at the church office or at the door. Whole pumpkin, cherry, apple, lemon and coconut pies, $7 each, can be ordered in advance by calling the church office, (330) 799-4214 or (330) 797-8656. Checks for pies are to be made payable to ACC Project Grow. Pickup will be at the dinner.
• Boar’s Head Ladies of St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown, will sponsor a chicken dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 2 at the church. The menu will include salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, bread and butter, pie and beverage. Cost is $6.50, and containers will be provided for takeout orders. No reservations are necessary. For takeout orders, call (330) 743-3175.
• A listing of food sales and dinners is published Wednesday. Please submit information for takeout an sit-down dinners to the Society Department before 5 p.m. Monday.