Friday, July 18, 2008
• McDonald Sideliners will meet at 7 p.m. Sunday in the senior citizens room at the post office building.
• Campbell Memorial High School Class of 1945 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Knoll Run Golf Course in Lowellville. Members of other classes and guests are welcome. For more information, call (330) 755-4761.
• Woodrow Wilson High School Class of 1953 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Monday at Johnny’s on Market Street. Guests are welcome.
• Mahoning Valley Cribbage Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at St. James Church, 7640 Glenwood Ave., Boardman. New players are welcome. For more information, call (330) 757-9503.
• McDonald Parents of Performing Arts will meet at 4 p.m. Wednesday in the senior citizens room at the post office building.
• Warren Women’s Connection has scheduled a “Salute to Teachers” luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 11 at Aulizio’s Banquet Center, 4395 Youngsown-Warren Road, Warren. The soloist will be Ann Martineau, and Connie Beard will speak on "How to Avoid Being Caught in an Ever-changing World. The cost is $10. Reservations for the luncheon and free nursery are required by Aug. 7 with Georgia Hagan, (330) 369-8936, or Joyce Faiver, (330) 539-5837.
• Western Mahoning County Kiwanis Club meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday at A La Cart in Canfield. For more information, call Barb Smith, (330) 502-1460.
• Croatian Fraternal Lodge No. 598 will meet at 2:30 p.m. Sunday in the senior citizens room at the post office building.
• Dublin Grange will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday with Zella Baker in charge. Needlework and crafts will be judged. Those attending are reminded to take articles for the Canfield Fair display.
• Youngstown Chapter of the Embroiderers Guild of America will meet at 10 a.m. and again at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the IOOF Hall in Canfield with Linda Gwinnup presiding. The project will be a pincushion doll presented by Sue Sizer. Members are reminded to take stitching supplies and magnification/lighting, if necessary. Guests are welcome. For more information, e-mail YoEGA@aol.com or send inquiries to the chapter at P. O. Box 5278, Poland, OH 44514.
• St. Rose Quilting Group will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the parish house.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at The Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St.
• D.A.R.E., a social group for divorced, widowed or separated people, has planned the following events: Monday, bike riding at 6:30 p.m. on Kirk Road, Austintown; Tuesday, dance lessons with Judy Conti at 7 p.m. at Wedgewood Plaza, cost is $5; Wednesday, golf at 6 p.m at short holes in Mill Creek Park at McCollum Road; Thursday, music at Boardman Park at 6:30 p.m; July 25, free movie behind library in Poland; and July 26, boccie from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in Boardman Park. For more information, call (330) 759-7409, (330) 757-1440 or (330) 793-1484.
• Hammond Organ Society of Mahoning Valley will meet for its annual picnic July 25 at Faith Community Church, 1919 Midlothian Blvd. Serving will begin at 5 p.m. For additional information, call (330) 757-4096 or (330) 758-8417.
• Alzheimer’s Assistance and Referral Network, 4212 Market St., Youngstown, has scheduled the following meetings: Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Emmanuel Lutheran Education Building, 251 S. Broadway Ave., Salem, and July 28 at 1:30 p.m. at Easter Seals, 721 Boardman-Poland Road, Boardman. For more information, call (330) 788-9755 or (866) 822-2102.
• TOPS 327 will meet Monday at Christ Church Presbyterian, 1933 Canfield Road, Boardman. Weigh-in is from 6:15 to 6:45 p.m. followed by the meeting at 7. The first meeting is free. Guests are welcome. For information, call (330) 793-4378 or (330) 757-9368.
• TOPS 698, Girard, will meet Monday at First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway. Weigh-in is from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. followed by the meeting at 7. New members are welcome; the first night is free. For information, call (330) 394-1262 or (330) 545-3860.
• TOPS 822, Struthers, will meet Tuesday at Struthers Presbyterian Church, 110 Poland Ave. Weigh-in will be from 6 to 6:30 p.m. prior to the meeting.
• TOPS 1237, Austintown, will meet Thursday at Idaho Road Alliance Church, 250 Idaho Road, across from Frank Ohl Middle School. Weigh-in is from 5 to 5:30, p.m., followed by the meeting until 6:30. For further information, call (330) 758-4923.
• TOPS 1262, McDonald, will meet Wednesday in the senior citizens room at the post office building. Weigh-in is from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., and the meeting will follow. New members are welcome.
• TOPS OH 1497, Austintown, will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday at Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Niles Canfield Road. New members are welcome; the first meeting is free. For more information, call (330) 759-4737.
• Youngstown PFLAG will meet from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday at First Unitarian Church, 1105 Elm St., Youngstown. For information call (330) 747-7433.
• Club news is published Friday and Saturday. Please submit information about upcoming activities to the Society Department by 5 p.m. Thursday.